FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR BETTER GOVERNANCE
Module-1: Financial Management for Good Governance
- Principles of fiscal management for local government (Budgeting, Developing Medium-Term Fiscal Plans).
- Prioritisation of expenditure on basic services to ensure improved service delivery.
- ‘Drawing up a Good Budget’, ‘Managing Public Finances’, ‘Criticality of the Fiscal Planning Process’, ‘Developing a Department Action Plan’.
- Use of social accountability tools to ensure participatory governance and enhanced transparency (CRC, CSC, CRC+, Participatory Budgeting).
Module-2: Expenditure Management for Enhanced Social Accountability
- Social Accountability & Social Capital.
- Prioritising expenditure.
- Balancing competing demands and conflicts of interest in Expenditure Management (managing political, class & caste conflict in expenditure planning).
- Equitable, Economic & Effective planning for expenditure management.
- Social Accountability Tools for rational expenditure management.
- Fiscal capacity skills: Budgeting, Medium Term Fiscal Plans etc.
- Principles of public finance.
- Community Scoring and Participatory Budgeting.
- Standards & Processes of Applying Social Accountability to Expenditure Planning.
SUSTAINABLE & INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT
Module-1: Accountable Governance and Sustainable Development for Last Mile Impact
- Theory, principle and practice of Data Analytics & Action Research for Evidence Based Decision Making, Civic Participation in Governance, Gender & Inclusive Growth.
- Skills to raise standards in people-centric governance.
- Social accountability tools and their importance in ensuring participatory governance and enhanced transparency (CSC, CRC+, Participatory Budgeting)
Module-2: Social Accountability and Good Governance (Advanced: for mid-career government functionaries)
- Accountability, transparency & efficiency in policy-making; participatory approaches for strengthening of service delivery mechanisms.
- Allocation of resources based on ground evidence- using the evidence to demand better allocation of funds.
- The political economy of development- enhancing quality of governance.
Module-3: Sustainable, Inclusive, Participatory Development in Local Government
- Policy, planning and programme implementation at the grassroots- empowering last mile resources with skills to make development optimally effective and inclusive.
- The value of evidence-based decision-making.
- Making women and the less empowered intrinsic to the development process.
Module-4: Policy Engagement & Communication for Development
- Audience Mapping
- Importance of audience mapping
- Identifying potential audience
- Mapping the audience
- Professional Communication
- Mode of communication
- Writing reports etc.
- Understanding policy relevant documents
- Content Analysis of policy documents
- Policy brief
SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY TOOLS FOR PARTICIPATORY DEVELOPMENT
- Social Accountability, Social Audit, Social Compliance
- Social Accountability of Government Programme
- Social Accountability in Industrial Sector
- Social Accountability for Civil Society Organizations
CERTIFICATION COURSE/ ELECTIVE FOR STUDENTS OF PUBLIC POLICY
- Social Accountability & its Application for Good Governance- ‘Action Research’ with case studies from live projects
- Participatory, Inclusive Governance
- Sustainable Development
- Social Accountability & Good Governance